Do you have a bucket list? What things do want to do, try or accomplish before you die? I know there are a lot of people that have such a list. I don’t really have one. Instead of a bucket list, I have a wish list.
I think anything that you do to help create a plan or focus for your life is a good thing. Even resolutions– as long as you aren’t setting yourself up for failure. I put dreams in a different category. A dream job or dream relationship can happen.. but they also rely on the participation of other people. Getting hired or creating your dream job can easily turn into a nightmare if you are working with the wrong combination of people. This is out of your control.
So, I decided to share some of my wishes. Wishes can come true under the right circumstances. Some of my wishes I can easily attain and others I can’t control.
My Wish List (in no particular order)
1) I wish I had more time to read and write. I’m trying to do more of both (writing this blog and reading with my Kindle Fire) but there is never enough time.
2) I wish money didn’t matter. I don’t need to be rich, I just wish there was enough so decisions didn’t have to depend on it.
3) I wish my babies: Cash, Roxie and Collins could live forever. I hardly ever refer to them as pets, they are my family.
4) I wish I lived in New York City. I wish I could do what I am doing now, in some variation, just in my favorite city. Michael’s involvement running the family business makes this impossible right now, plus it would mean giving up our amazing (and frustrating) 123 year old house.
5) I wish I was a better partner and friend. I wish I always knew the right things to do and say in every situation.
6) I wish I could help parents understand their kids and kids to understand their parents.
7) I wish my family and friends, scattered around the country, all lived closer.
8) I wish I lived in a world free of hate, judgement and fear.
9) I wish I lived in a world free of tyrannical government control… run by dishonest people whose only real welfare concern is their own.
10) I wish I had to the time and ability to help more young people realize their true potential and motivate them to be the best they can be.
What’s on your list?
Today’s Pic of the Day: My babies, 5am.